Google Ad Grants is a special program launched by Google to support nonprofit organizations. By joining the program, every NGO can receive 10,000 USD per month to spend on Google Ads promoting their initiative. In this article you can learn how to apply for the Google for Nonprofits account and what rules you must obey, in order to be part of this program. If you already have an account and want to learn how to create Google Ad Grants campaign, read on!
How much do you want to spend?
First thing you need to do is to decide how much money out of your 10,000 USD you would like to spend on each campaign. Remember that until someone clicks your advert or makes an action, you won’t be charged for it.
We suggest you don’t spend more each day than 320 USD, because 10,000 USD divided by 30 days is something about 320. We are sure that this is enough money and it surely suffices.
Where do you want your ads to show up?
Select where your ad should show up. You can show it worldwidely, in specific countries, or even specific cities. Next step is to choose the language in which the ad will be shown. It’s important information for Google to learn how to optimize your ads.
What is your maximum cost per click (CPC)?
The higher the maximum cost per click is, and the more relevant your keywords are, the often your ad will show up.
When it comes to Google Ad Grants, you can’t choose your CPC. It is fixed and the same for every beneficiary. The reason for this is that as a nonprofit you can’t compete with commercials because Google has to earn on it. Maximum bid on your ad is 2$ for a nonprofits account and it couldn’t be more.
How to make your ads successful?
- Use your words wisely – you have a limited amount of time and space to grab people’s attention.
- Give them what they need – use your ad text to show people why it is worth clicking on it.
- Don’t lie – if your ad promises a certain type of content, you’d better deliver it!
- Don’t waste characters to write your website’s address in the ad’s headline – it will show up right beneath the headline.
- Create curious and interesting content.
- Match as much as you can your keywords to your ads.
- Make your ad and your landing page compatible (what customers will see after a click on the ad).
- Use a call-to-action text. Tell visitors what they should do – it really works!
- Put extra prices, promotions or occasions at the top of your ad. Customers will be curious about what you offer them and then click on your ad.
- Remember to capitalize the first letter and follow the rules of spelling and grammar.
- Create different adverts and keywords. Try and experiment what is the best and have the most clicks.
Remember that creating a campaign is only a half of your success. Other half is your website and how it looks. Is it customer-friendly? Does it have a high SEO-rate? Learn this and more in our other articles.